Summer is soon approaching and we all want to get out there and enjoy it. Unfortunately, most things come with a price tag from going to theme parks to taking a trip. I have come up with some ways to save you some cash on your grocery bill so that you have extra funds to do the activities that you want to do not only this summer, but all year round.
1. Wash Hair Every Other Day: I used to wash my hair every single day. Not only is it drying to the hair, but it can get costly. By washing your hair every other day you save 50% on shampoo a year!
2. Learn Store Coupon Policy: You can save a lot just by familiarizing yourself with the coupon policy of your local store. Many stores double and sometimes triple the face value of coupons. Publix in particular will double the face value of any coupon up to $0.50 everyday. Other stores have price matching which, will match a competitors price on products.
3. Chicken Thighs vs Chicken Breast: When purchasing meat it is easy to stick to the basics. However, popular cuts of meat like chicken breast can come with higher costs. By opting for less popular cuts of meat like chicken thighs you will see a decrease in the price tag. This is also true for beef and pork.
4. Vegetarian Night: The bulk of my grocery spending goes to meat. Save on meat by making one night a week vegetarian night. Use other less expensive foods as the source of protein for that meal, such as beans.
5. Make A List (And Check It Twice!): Making a list before going grocery shopping will help you stick to your budget and will prevent impulse purchases. Take a look at the store circular before your shopping trip and plan accordingly. The important part is to stick to the list and only buy what you intended on buying.
These are some tips that will help you save some money on your next grocery shopping trip.