You have found Mr. Right and said “yes,” now you are on your way to say “I do”. It is a week before the big day and by this point you have secured your venue, your dress, invites have been sent and the list goes on (and on and on and on). Now the true countdown to your wedding day begins. Here is a list of five things that I did the week leading up to my wedding day.
1. Make a list of all vendors and give one to your mother, fiancé and anyone who you trust enough to carry out responsibility. You are the bride and the super star of the day. You should not have to deal with anything the day of your wedding. You have done enough! If anything were to go awry (which it will not because you are a good person and this will be the most perfect wedding in the world, but if it does) someone other than you can handle it.
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day the whole week leading up to the special day. I know we should be doing this one already, but lets face it some of us do not. Your skin will be glowing and you will look even more beautiful than you already are.
3. Pamper yourself. Get your nails done, eye lash extensions, go to the spa… (Or have an at home spa day! Click here for supplies) This is the fun girly stuff that we wish we could do more often. Take a seat, relax and let strangers rub all over you.
4. Gather the items that you will use for the time old tradition of, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. It is simply a fun thing to do! It is also a great way to memorialize someone special who has passed away that you wish to have with you on your special day. You could wear your grandmother’s old necklace or sew the name of your father in blue thread inside your dress (or create a patch and sew that on the underside of your dress). The possibilities are endless.
5. Lastly, start packing everything that you will need for the big day, underwear, an extra invite (so the photographer can take a picture of it), makeup, robe etc. Do not leave it all for the night before the wedding. This will give you more time for your beauty sleep.
Bonus Tip: On the day of the wedding assign someone the responsibility of carrying pressed powder, a small mirror, lipstick/gloss and extra bobby pins for you (put it all in a cute pouch, get them here). This way you will be able to do quick touch ups through out the day, especially for photographs.