Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fashion Trends Spring/Summer 2014

So, I was doing some online window shopping, as I often do, and looking at the clothes got me thinking about the new trends coming out for the Spring/Summer 2014 seasons. I really love some of the trends that I saw. I thought I would share with you 5 of my favorite trends of the season and how you can incorporate them into your wardrobe. 

Cat Eye Sunglasses Jimmy Choo Black Fashion Accessory Spring SummerCat Eye Sunglasses: I love me a great pair of large shades! It is the ultimate fabulous accessory. The cat eye look of the season is super fashion forward which, means it could be intimidating for some ladies to try. My suggestion is to try it! Go to an eyeglass shop and try glasses on; You may be surprised at how flattering this shape is. They range from drastic to subtle however, not all cat eye shades are right for all faces; That is why it is important to try them on. I like the cat eye style because it draws the face up (just like getting eyebrows perfectly done) and because of that can make you look younger.

Crop Top: All the celebrities are wearing this trend. With this trend I took a page out of Kim Kardashian’s fashion book. I love the look of cropped tops with a high waisted skirt. I find this look to be very flattering on most body types especially for those, like myself, that do not feel comfortable baring the midriff. I got myself a basic white short sleeve crop top to pair with a floral pencil skirt (that I got on sale wohoo!). You can also pair it with a full short skirt or a maxi skirt.

Floral Skirt Purple Water Color Flowers Pattern Fashion Accessory Spring SummerFloral: This trend is really a classic basic. Florals are in style even when they are not in style. Depending on your size you may want to choose between a large floral pattern or a smaller floral pattern to flatter you best. If you are a larger girl opt for larger prints and if you are on the petite side opt for a smaller print. I decided to get a high waisted pencil skirt (to wear with my cropped top!) that can go from the warmer months into the colder months. The beauty of floral patterns is that there are many varieties from feminine to more abstract. Experimenting with patterns of any kind is also a great way to incorporate color into your wardrobe.

Button Down Shirt: Typically button down shirts are considered only for professional settings. The new styles, colors and patterns make button down shirts more accessible for everyday wear. I like to wear mine with the sleeves rolled up and paired with a camisole. Sometimes I open a few buttons to expose my camisole, leave it fully open or tie it at the waist.

Coach Metallic Clutch Accessory Fashion PurseMetallic: This is also a trend that pretty much lives all year round. This season it is out in full force from tops to shoes to bottoms. Personally a metallic top may be to loud for my taste, but I love the metallic trend in my accessories. I have a great clutch that I have actually had for a while but, only used as an evening bag. Many ladies already own metallics and most often use them during the evening, now is the time to wear your metallics during the day.



Experimenting with fashion is fun and we all want to be up on the latest trends, The key is to find how the trend works for your personality, your body type and life style. This Spring/Summer 2014 season has a lot of wearable trends for women. Try them out ladies! As always when shopping online use Ebates to earn cash back on purchases. Have fun shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment